Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Wednesday morning

Just another day in Paradise, as they say. Last word from Meghan was last night, she'd been to the hospital, lost her mucus plug, had water "leaking" but they told her to either walk there at the hospital for 2 hours or go home and walk. Poor thing is so exhausted. She said she wasn't even going to call her doctor any more and she's really embarrassed. She's only a 3 cm. dilation. My heart goes out to her, but Lord knows she's got no reason to be embarrassed! Everyone in the family is exhausted too. I just hope that I haven't heard from her because she's in labor and having Talya and everything and everyone are fine. Plus, it's only 20 to 7 in California, although I've usually heard from her by now. I'm sure all is well. I have to believe all is well!

So in order to stay busy last night, I made 12 more OBW blocks. I also created a new place for my design wall - on my porch. I hung up my little flannel backed table cloth with tape over the back door (the only place I can hope to have enough space!) and started sticking the blocks on it. However, since they were falling off, and I'm not yet ready to pin them down, I sprayed some quilting basting spray on it and that's working a lot better. Still having trouble with the color wave, and still considering the possibility of using black in the corners (really to try to tone it down a bit!). Also considering the possibility of some interior black borders, also to tone it down some. We'll see as the design process moves along. I REALLY need to be working on gifts instead, but I have to admit this OBW is seriously addictive.

Diane gave me a book on landscape quilting -- combining art with fabric and quilting. I have to admit that one glance at the book has me fasinated. Oh no! Another hobby! Although it's really a combination of all my hobbies, even stained glass since some of the "stylized" art quilts are given the stained glass "look". Again, yet another project.

I've read the directions for the bag I want to make Judi. I was wrong -- this is not the BFF bag, this is the Pursonality bag -- which is also gorgeous -- that Diane has made. I will have to go slowly with this one -- it's very confusing on the reading. Hopefully it's easier on the making!

Tonight I'm off to the home of my former boss, Lee, who is getting married on October 26th. She's asked me to help her with some ribbons or some decoration thing -- I think she has some mistaken notion that I'm kind of artistic. We'll see about that! But it gives me a chance to help her out some (I hope) and to give her the wedding present I made for them from their shower and wedding invitations in a shadow box -- and not during the hustle and bustle of the wedding/reception. Sure glad I got that project done ahead of time!

All else is good. Still haven't finished Mom's ultra suede purse. She will either love or hate it. I'm not sure how I feel about it.

I'll post more when I know more!

1 comment:

Hunter said...

Dang, talk about tired.

She's going to think getting up every two hours or so with the new baby is a vacation after this.

Thinking of you.

Darilyn