Saturday, October 18, 2008

Saturday early evening

Nope, no baby yet. Contractions have even stopped. Bless her heart. The hospital said they were "real" contractions, but I guess her doctor was right after all and it's just not time. At least she can get some rest. She's going to need it!!

It's been a really good day. Took my car in for service, came home with a new car. Oh well, I've had car fever for a while, so my 5th or 6th Saturn, I've lost count. Bought an Aura XE this time -- nice car. I like it already. Pewter is what they call the color, it's sort of a light brown/darkish tan in my book. Already had the pinstriping and cool wheels and stuff. Had almost 600 miles on it, so somebody else paid the depreciation. She brought it back and got herself a couple other cars -- guys say she trades in cars every couple of months -- too much money and not enough brains, but it was good for me, so who cares? And I've known these guys at this dealership for eons, so no reason to doubt them. They sold me my 2nd, 3rd and I think this is 5th Saturn, so I know who I'm dealing with -- they know me by name.



At the left is a photo of all my OBW blocks. I think I like the black to "break it up" a bit. I've talked to Nan and we're going to try to come up with a date maybe in November for me to take it to her to quilt it on her long arm. What a treat!



So after buying the car, I picked up Judi and Mom and off we went to run errands. Lunch, then clothes shopping (ICK), then some errands for Mom. We dropped Mom off, went to get dog food and toys for our dogs, and then Judi and I went to JoAnn's. While we were shopping she let me know she'd really rather have a tote bag than a purse, and that's really a relief to me -- I didn't want to screw up the fabric I'd chosen for her as I learned to make the purse, so I'll make her a cool tote bag instead. With pockets and stuff!





At JoAnn's I bought some more fabric for a OBW -- and some backing. Here's a photo. I think it's beautiful -- Nan, will it work?


I can't even think about starting this until next year. I think it will be beautiful!

2 comments:

Candace said...

Congratulations on your new car. I'd like to have one too, maybe next year. Your OBW is looking really good and the new fabric is really beautiful. Shouldn't be much longer for the new baby hopefully.

Hunter said...

Your new car sounds beautiful. And it must be great to have a great car place like that where you can trust the people.

Still rooting for Meghan to get to the next place in her baby adventure.

Your quilt looks great as does your new material.

Darilyn