Saturday, October 25, 2008

Saturday 4:44 am

I am THRILLED to announce the arrival of Miss Natalya Ann Holmes at 11:17 PST weighing in a 7 lbs 6 oz, 19 inches long. Delivered by C-section as she was "brow first" Meghan says. I'm told she is beautiful and has Nick's dark hair. Mother and baby are doing beautifully! It's too late for a photo to be up (hospital usually has one up in an hour after birth), but I will post as soon as I can.

I am also humbled to say she is named for me (partly) -- the Ann is for me. Well, obviously you can't name her Natalya Billye!!!! That would be almost as awful as Billye Ann!

So she still made it (squeaked) for her birthday to be October 24. I want to DO something -- something HUGE -- something more than I've already done -- for her birth. I'm open to ideas! I've made the quilt, sent the bed, sent $$. Made a teddy bear. She has everything for her. I've been racking my brain since this morning and just can't come up with anything appropriate. Perhaps someday I'll give her the OBW quilt that I worked on while I waited for her to decide to join us. Anyway, that quilt is dedicated to her!

Thanks everyone -- I'm going back to bed for an hour or so before I get up for the breast cancer walk. God bless!

1 comment:

Candace said...

Congratulations! Are you going to be Grandma, or Nana, or something else. (I know you are already "Something Else", lol) I don't have anything to recommend for your "something huge". Congratulations, again!