Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Wednesday Evening

So I just squared up my table runner from class that I put the borders on last night -- the plan is to bind that sucker tonight. I also THINK I figured out the backing for my OBW -- we'll see!

Spent about a half hour last night on the web cam with Meghan and Talya, Ricky and Nick. Talya is a beauty -- black hair about 2-1/2" long and long eyelashes. She's a handful, but my daughter's little family is blissfully happy. It is truly a blessing to witness. I promised Ricky I'd take him to Wild Kingdom (which he prefers over the San Diego Zoo -- go figure), and have him stay a night with me at the motel. He liked that (or at least pretended to).

Nothing else interesting going on -- except I need to get started on some more Christmas presents. I can't post photos of a lot of the things I'm working on because they are Christmas gifts -- well, you know . . . can't ruin the surprise -- even if everybody basically knows what they are getting.

I do hope everyone is doing well. I'm off to the sewing room!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Talya is such a pretty name. Good to hear you are making sure her big brother is feeling special too!
I just love that quilt on your last post.

Candace said...

Your grandbaby is adorable, and your OBW turned out beautifully. I'm looking forward to seeing your table runner. I love the looks of quilted tablerunners, they make a home cozy.

Billye said...

Thank you Julie and Candace. I'm learning to do a lot of new things these days -- and it's wonderful! I do need to get back to my painting and stained glass though. Maybe by the first of the year!