Friday, October 10, 2008

10/10/08 - a little while later

OK, second post. So my daughter's contractions have stopped, so unlikely a baby really soon. It's OK, she's a month early, so we can wait. Just hard on her to keep starting and stopping contractions, but she'll deal with it.



Being brand new at this blogging thing, I'm not at all sure what anyone will be interested in (or not). Probably my quilting the most. I have so very much to learn. I belong to several Yahoo groups, including Carol Doak's, Stashbusters, StashQuilters, DustingYourStash, InspectorsClub, Quiltvillechat and Lazygirl Designs. I love learning from all of them, and meeting lots of new and interesting people on all of them.



My skills continue to improve, but last night I spent quite a bit of time "frogging" since I managed to sew a pillowcase the wrong way -- DUH!! I'm off work on Monday, and only going to a movie tomorrow, so I'll likely spend most, if not all, of the weekend quilting. I'm beginning to get the urge to get back into stained glass and maybe even have a painting floating around in my head.



I'm watching the stock market crash over and over. Sometimes it's almost nice to not have any money in the market -- my friends who do are worried over their 401Ks. My 401K doesn't start here at work until January, and I'll throw as much $$ into as I can. Hopefully for me this down market will be a boon as I can buy more shares and it will be worth more when I get ready to retire. HOWEVER, I really don't think I will ever retire completely. As much as I love my hobbies, I don't think I'd be happy not working, not interacting with other people. Yes, it's true these 11 hour days get old -- and they get older the older I get! I don't actually WORK 11 hours, but that's how long the day is by the time we do the commute. I do carpool with a couple of lovely ladies here at work.



And my possibly very favorite thing in the world is my Yorkie, Trixye. I'll try to snap a photo of her in the next day or so and add that to this blog. She's a doll -- quiet as she can be. She doesn't bark -- she was a breeding female, and they nearly bred her to death. I've had her a little over a year. However, she got a clean bill of health last weekend from the vet and has gained (too much) weight. When I got her she was malnourished, her coat was dull and she had sores all over her body -- her teeth had never been cleaned and when they were, she lost 3. 2 weeks after I got her she had to have major surgery due to an infected uterus. But she's a true joy and now her coat gleams, not a sore on her body and her health is excellent. She's great company and I adore her. Her favorite thing is to play with her "cousin" Pixye -- my sister's Yorkie/Shih Tzu mix. Now THERE'S a beautiful animal. If they had a breed for her, she'd be a show dog. If my sister gives me permission, I'll post a photo of her too.



More later! Everyone have a great day.



Billye

4 comments:

Hunter said...

Aloha,

What a great start for your blog.

As far as what people like to read...anything you want to share.

I've kept a blog for several years. I stop sometimes and regroup.

My blogs are usually about crafts or writing. I don't share a lot of personal stuff because that's by nature offline.

Some people document everything thing that happens in their lives.

You get to decide what you want to share.

Again, great job. I've linked to Susan's blog and now I'll link to your blog, too.

Best regards,
Darilyn

Candace said...

Hi Billye, your blog is going to be great. We are interested in everything that you are, and if one of your posts is not our favorite we read more quickly. From exchanging emails with you, I can guarantee your blog will be a favorite. To start off, I am giving you an award. I'm going to go add it to my blog now. Sounds like it may be a good thing for the baby if your daughter waits a little while, but I remember well how hard it is on mama and grandmama.

Diane Barfield said...

You did a very good job on the blog. I would not even know where to begin.

Julie said...

Hi, nice to meet you! I am Julie from Julie's Blog. I found you through Candace.
It sounds like little Trixye deserved to have a happy retirement from breeding. Those puppy mills are horrible and good for you for giving her a happy ever after.
My blog is about everything that is going on. Not just quilts - I love blogging. Good luck to you.