Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tuesday morning

I just put "Monday morning" in the title because since I was off work yesterday, it feels like Monday. Neither boss has shown up yet, so I have time on my hands.

Got an email from Meghan a couple hours ago -- she thinks her water has broken. Basically she's been told to endure this labor -- it's too late in her pregnancy to stop it, too early to induce. Her doctor won't do anything or give her anything. Poor thing, she's not slept in days and days and is completely exhausted. It's probably a good thing I'm not out there, because I'd feel required to be with her and I'd probably just annoy her -- and believe me, she's irritable enough as it is! Understandably.

So tonight I think I'll cut out Judi's purse. This is called the BFF bag (best friends forever) and is one that Diane has made -- hers is simply adorable. I hope the one I make for Judi turns out nearly as well. Once that's cut out, I think I'll sew some more on the OBW -- I can't tell you how much fun those are! I'm doing them 6 at a time, and when they are pressed and I turn them over, I'm blown away by each one. Having chosen the wrong fabric, I probably won't be able to get the color wave I would otherwise achieve, but no matter -- and Lord knows it will be bright! I figure I need to make 56 blocks. For this first one I think I'll use some of the fabric in the corners to square it up, although I'm tempted to use some black to tie it all together. However, Nan says that my seams might very well not match (which is a consideration), but I'm just not sure yet. Nan setting up my Jem Gold 2 has sure made my sewing more accurate! I wouldn't even consider it without my machine set up for that accurate 1/4" seam.

I so way want a Janome 6600 -- the plan is (maybe) to use my Christmas bonus as a down payment and buy one on time. If I plan to do that, I will need to really knuckle down and cut back on my spending. Since, however, I don't REALLY need any more fabric (or much of anything else), maybe I'll take on that extra payment. I'll have to think about it some more. And hopefully they can find me a really good rebuilt one so I can get the cabinet too. I'd really like to rearrange my "studio" again so I can have a design wall -- but I need a sewing cabinet to do it. I'd rather wait and get the machine I really want with the cabinet that goes with it, so I'll just make do in the meantime.

Prayers going out to Meghan that Talya is born really soon and you can get some rest. I know you're probably not reading this, but I love you!!

1 comment:

Hunter said...

Bless Meghan's heart and your heart, too.

I can only imagine how hard it is for you. (And Meghan, of course.)

I didn't know that they let women suffer like that any more. It seems as though there should be something they can do to help.

I'll hold you both in my heart and in my thoughts.

And I still can't imagine those blocks being more beautiful than they already are. I love them.

Darilyn