Friday, October 17, 2008

Another day -- another -- well hopefully dollar!

So it's finally Friday. Still no baby, but the contractions are further apart and the discomfort level less. She's finally getting some rest and I suppose our darling Talya will come when she's darn good and ready!

I thought I'd finished all my blocks on my OBW last night, but when I put them all up on the design wall, I was 7 short. It took me about 5 minutes to cut 7 more sets and they'll only take me an hour to sew -- isn't that amazing? It is to me. What a cool trick somebody thought up. I played with the corner fabrics and I'm almost definitely going to go with black corners. I think all that color is defintely going to need some relief for the eyes. I sent a photo of the blocks to Ricky, thinking he'd love the kaliedoscope effect, but alas, no. So I guess I'll just have to keep this one. Oh boo! (Frankly, I love it -- it matches NOTHING in my house, and still I LOVE it!).

A trip to Joanns this weekend, maybe even tonight, with tons of coupons, looking for just the right fabric for another one. Like I need more fabric. Well, heck, EVERYBODY needs more fabric! Ok, maybe not everybody. Maybe not even me, but I WANT IT!

No new photos today. But maybe tonight I'll take a photo of my OBW on the design wall. I STILL need to cut out Judi's purse and get going on it, and all the other Christmas gifts, but Nan has me hooked on this OBW. It's just fascinating to me.

Although it was a month ago, we've finally arranged time for us all to go to lunch today for my birthday. It should be fun -- I've not been out with some of these girls before, so looking forward to it.

Everybody have a great day!

Billye

1 comment:

Hunter said...

Happy birthday to you...Happy birthday to you...Happy birthday dear Billye...Happy birthday to you. :)

And wow, are you getting things done. Please fondle some fun stuff for me at JoAnn's. No buying for me until I use all I have. (In other words...not for a very, very, very long time.)

That are you (or did you) have for lunch?

Darilyn