Friday, October 24, 2008

Friday night - waiting for Talya and OBW

Meghan is in labor. She was induced at 7 am San Diego time, 10:00 our time. Which means she's been in labor for 12 hours now. About 2 hours ago they broke her water, so hopefully we'll have a baby soon (it's 10:14 as I write this). Little Miss Talya Ann has a mind of her own! Luckily she's had an epidural for almost all of the labor, and she's called me twice.


I took my Mom for her biopsy of her thyroid today. They've assured her that 95% of these biopsies are benign, and I hope they are right. When I got home, I finished folding all my fabrics (thanks again Diane!) and putting it all away. I'd stopped at Joann's and bought a thread rack (my plastic one had fallen and the lid broken). I got to use a 50% off coupon so that's nice.


Mom has asked me for a pink purse. What color, out of ALL my fabric, do I so NOT have? Pink. So I'll need to do some shopping.


In order to keep myself occupied today (and trying not to worry), I finished the blocks and, I think, the design of my OBW. I added 5 black blocks -- I was going to add just one in the middle and then I liked the idea of the 4 corners as well. What do you think? I know it's bright, and I know it's not a traditional OBW, but I kind of like it. I hope to sew the rows together this weekend and hopefully get to Nan's in the next few weeks to quilt it. That will be such fun!
I have the walk for breast cancer in the morning, so I best get some sleep. I was hoping I'd get the call that Talya had been born while I was writing this, but no such luck. I'm sure she's going to show up when she's darn good and ready, and I suspect she'll be that way most if not all of her life! Just like her Mom. And her grandmother. We're all a bit headstrong!
Hope all is well with anyone who is reading this. God bless. I'll post when I have a new grandchild! Or after my breast cancer walk. Or sometime soon!


2 comments:

Hunter said...

Waiting for Talya with you...

Your quilt top is beautiful. I love it.

I hope you enjoy your walk tomorrow.

Darilyn

Rachel said...

Wonderful! I like how you added the black. I ordered the OBW book and hope to be able to figure out how to make one! Thank for the inspiration.