Monday, October 20, 2008

Monday morning

Ahh, yippee, another week. One boss out sick, the other covering for her so she's getting up to speed. Soon all heck will break loose, but for now, it's quiet.

Meghan called a bit ago -- she says she's going to ask the doctor to induce her labor on Friday. The way she started the conversation, I thought the doctor had already scheduled it. But no, not yet. So don't hold your breath! At least the contractions have all but stopped and she's able to get some rest.

So I worked on my OBW yesterday -- got all my corners on, all pressed up, and went to square up. Uhhhh..... not so good. They are supposed to square up at 6-1/2" - and they all seem to be just a touch shy of that. I'll steam and starch the heck out of them, and maybe I can get them to be exact. If not, we may have 6-1/4" blocks!

I also made my friend Judi's tote bag last night (with pockets). I used the With Love Tote pattern from Lazy Girl -- which doesn't include pockets, so I, being "challenged" by how things will be when they are turned inside out, etc., basted it together first, pinned the pockets where I wanted them, then turned it back, sewed the pockets on and continued. It's a bit big -- I followed the measurements, but it just seems too big to me. Hopefully she will like it! I'm considering putting a baggie bottom in it for more stability. Perhaps I'll like it better then. I do love the fabric for her -- but like so many things I'm making right now, I can't post photos because they are gifts -- I know everyone understands.

I got the car insurance stuff done this morning, a bill paid, some filing caught up (I pretty much stay up with that here at work), called about my Bare Minerals order to be sure it was right, made an appointment for my car to be inspected, called about the tire pressure light. Got a lot done before anybody else even got here! That's one great thing about getting to work early -- I can do all that stuff and it doesn't keep my work from being done.

One of my friends here at work went to Rome a couple of weeks ago. She showed me some of her photos and I fell in love with a simple street scene. It made me want to paint. I've not wanted to paint in FOREVER, so that's a really great thing. I've asked her to get me an 11x14 of the picture and an extra print. I want to get back to painting, but I just can't seem to find any interest in it right now. I got a bunch of stained glass stuff given to me too, but no interest there either. And Diane has fabric for me (YIPPEE!!) -- I still have TONS of interest there. But I know me -- I'll drift back to my other hobbies eventually -- and probably will have at least one of all three going. I'd do some stained glass if I knew of anything that anyone would like to have. Hey, I have 2 lighthouse kits I was given -- they're precut and easy, just need to be foiled and soldered -- hmmmmm....might be perfect for my bosses! Would make it easy on me, that's for sure! Maybe I'll just do that, plus it would be an excuse for me to get those 2 boxes of stained glass stuff emptied and sorted.

Bored, bored, bored. Oh well! At least I get paid to be bored!

Have a great day everyone!

2 comments:

Hunter said...

I "rotate" crafts, too. I love to try everything.

I always go back to lace knitting and quilting.

Hope you have (had) a great day.

Best regards,
Darilyn

Candace said...

Sounds like your day at least started out quiet. You get so much done, I feel kind of ashamed, although I have gotten some things done the last 3 days. I like Bare Minerals, too.