Thursday, October 30, 2008

Back of OBW


This is a super lousy image of the back of my OBW. I used some black on black fabric and "framed" it with the original fabric from my OBW -- I didn't have enough of either to do a full backing, so I improvised! I had plenty of blocks left over, but since this will be quilted on a long arm, my friend Nan, who will be teaching me to do the long arm quilting, said that the back needed as few seams as possible. Obviously those left over OBW blocks will have PLENTY of seams, so this seemed like a better idea. I will probably make a pillow out of the leftover blocks.
I did finish the binding on my table runner. Not sure who it's for, but I plan to make at least 2 more just like it in Christmas fabrics for my bosses. It was late and I was tired when I finished, so photo will go up when I get home tonight.
I also need to get started on some paper pieced numbers and letters for a gift for a family member (can't be more specific here!), as well as my Carol Doak BOM. This year she is doing "scenic" BOMs and I love the first two. I also got my butterfly and pink fabric in the mail last night (I am so addicted to thousands of bolts!!) and want to make myself a quilter's tote from my fabric and my Mom a purse from the pink. I also want to make a quilter's tote (or 2) for a couple of quilty friends, but I haven't picked out fabrics yet. Another plan is to take the fabric that I bought at Quiltfest and make a quilt for my daughter -- it's a bit more toned down. I am still in the process of frogging the Mega Sudoku I made for her -- she said the diaper bag I made her (a Miranda) was too bright for her -- it's the one that USED to be at the top of my blog. Well, if THAT was too bright, Lord save us from the Mega Sudoku. She wanted an 8 foot wide quilt and that seemed like a good idea to me at the time. It's OK, all the blocks are a standard size and will be perfect in other things, and the leftover yardage will be great too.
I hope everyone has a good day. Please say a prayer for the grandson of a friend of mine who is having heart surgery today.

No comments: